Brushing and flossing are daily oral hygiene practices that keep your teeth bright and shiny. However, your teeth get exposed to plaque, tartar, bacteria, and other elements over time. Sometimes, the build-up of these substances is so grave that even regular brushing and flossing don't help. Moreover, such accumulation also makes your teeth lose their sparkle. Discoloration of teeth becomes embarrassing, especially if you are very particular about your aesthetic appearance.
We perform professional teeth whitening and ensure that your teeth become pearly white again.
What Causes Teeth to Stain?
Teeth staining may be because of several reasons. The consumption of various foods and drinks such as coffee, tea, and red wine are the chief culprits. Smoking or chewing tobacco in different forms is another reason that causes yellowing of teeth.
In some cases, your teeth become discolored due to aging. It is because, over time, the white outer shell of your teeth, known as enamel, starts getting thinner. Yellowing of teeth may also happen due to other reasons such as trauma, certain medications, and diseases.
What are the Benefits of Teeth Whitening?
- Professional teeth whitening ensures that your teeth remain free from plaque and tartar. It not only helps you achieve a pearly white smile but also keeps oral diseases like dental infection and periodontal disease at bay.
- Professional teeth whitening is a quick and non-invasive procedure. We complete it in a single sitting only.
- This procedure is affordable and suitable for all, regardless of their age.
How Does Teeth Whitening Work?
The procedure is straightforward. The whitening products used for this procedure contain tooth bleaches in the form of hydrogen peroxide and carbamide peroxide. They break your stains into small bits, thus making the color less concentrated and your teeth much brighter.
How is the Procedure Performed?
- We begin by checking the current shade of your teeth and covering your gums with a rubber dam to expose only your teeth area for the procedure.
- We use a high-concentration peroxide gel and apply it all over your teeth. The gel is made to keep on the surface for 15-20 minutes.
- If your teeth require more whitening, we reapply the gel and let it sit for another 15-20 minutes.
- After bleaching your teeth, we rinse your mouth thoroughly. You will notice whiter teeth. We will also give you an at-home teeth whitening kit to maintain your pearly white smile.
Please reach out to Peak Family Dentistry in Chattanooga, TN, to consult with our dentist, Dr. Cathey. Please call Dentist in Chattanooga TN at (423) 899-1948 or schedule an online consultation, and we'll guide you further.