Oral appliance therapy is a treatment dedicated to patients suffering from sleep apnea. The use of oral appliances saves you from surgery. They are suited for all the patients whose tongue touches their airways while they are asleep. When this happens, it creates difficulty breathing.
Oral appliances tend to cut down such difficulty as they prevent the airway from collapsing by either moving your jaw forward or holding your tongue. We customize these devices to make it easier for you to wear them regularly.
What are the Benefits of Oral Appliances?
- Oral appliances are easy to wear. They are customized according to the shape and structure of your mouth, thus fitting you perfectly.
- These devices are highly effective in improving your sleep and reducing sleep apnea.
- They are a more affordable alternative when compared to other forms of treatment, including surgery.
- Oral appliances are portable devices. You may carry them anywhere you want.
- They are durable and make no noise.
- Oral appliances are suited to people of all ages. Even if you have claustrophobia, these devices will not make you feel uncomfortable.
What are the Types of Oral Appliances?
It is a small acrylic device that works by fitting on your upper and lower teeth. This appliance is connected by metal extension arms on either side. They position your lower jaw forward. When you wear it, you will not experience any restriction in movement. You can also drink and speak normally.
This brand offers comfortable, durable, and unobtrusive appliances to treat sleep apnea. They work by holding your jaw in position and keeping your soft tissues from blocking the airway. The best thing about these devices is that they are completely free from metal. The manufacturers also grant a three-year warranty.
Panthera uses advanced technology to capture precise 3D scans of your mouth. It further utilizes CAD and CAM technology to offer accurate and suitably hand-crafted appliances that are comfortable to wear. They are designed with exclusive polymers for extremely precise adjustment.
This brand presents SomnoDent that includes a series of oral devices, all of which are high in quality and comfortable to wear. We create these devices after taking scans and impressions of your jaw, and they are adaptable to your dental restorations as well. Their mechanism does not intrude with your crowns, dentures, missing teeth, or bridgework. We will pick the best device for you after discussing your needs.
To find out more about the dental services we offer at Peak Family Dentistry, Chattanooga, TN, call (423) 899-1948 or schedule an online consultation. You can also visit Dentist in Chattanooga TN at 4933 Brainerd Rd, Chattanooga, TN 37411.